Saturday, August 9, 2014

Global Show and Tell

Last week's #whatisschool chat was particularly inspirational.  This Twitter chat has attracted a global audience of educators, innovators and transformers. I am filled with hope and envision an endless array of possibilities as Twitter connects educators and technology connects learners.  My vision includes global collaboration and problem solving, and I know I am not alone.
  
Last week's chat birthed the idea for a Global Show and Tell of "How We Learn." There is a lot of talk (in the U.S. anyway) about the way other countries approach this and do that.  It would be so amazing to see video sharing of examples of learning from around the world.  I dream of a future where lesson plans evolve away from written to-do lists and transform into carefully-constructed and thoughtfully-prepared learning environments. For this reason, I would *love* to get a glimpse of the learning environments happening concurrently in various lands. 

Here is an initial brainstorm for a Global Show and Tell of "How we learn..."

How we learn to read
How we learn to add
How we learn kindness


What are your ideas?  

How we learn to____

I would be honored if you included your ideas on this Google Doc!  



Twitter chats are something else.  Teachers, if you want a major dose of professional development at its best, from the experience of passionate educators, you will find it with a chat. If you are an educator or just interested in education, check one out.  Three pioneer educators of Twitterverse, @thomascmurray@cevans5095, and @cybraryman1, keep the chats up to date on the Weekly Twitter Chat Times Google Doc. 

 I hope to chat with you soon if we haven't already!   
You'll find me frequently participating in 



No comments: